Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 8

Livestock

Well, Lets see I can’t have chickens or goats. What I am allowed to have is bunnies. We only have 1 buck right now. We are still working up the gumption to raise them. The raising part doesn’t bother me but the harvesting does. I know I need to get over it. It is a meat source that my family would be grateful for when the stores are closed. Alas, I am squeamish. Yep, big baby here. My biggest fear is that I couldn’t do it quickly and the animal would suffer…. and haunt me forever. I need to find someone that would let me watch them do it. Reading in a book or even watching it on you tube, just doesn’t seem to do it for me. To be able to ask questions and see the answers would suit me fine. I think that once it is dead I could process with no problems. So at least with that part I’m ok. Plus, the skins could be tanned and used in a great many applications.

I don’t see our city changing the ordinances any time soon considering that we now have a rodent problem in my area. But I may see if they will let me have bees. I’m not sure why they won’t but I’m sure I will find out soon enough.

Need to Do or Get
  1. Look into getting 2 does
  2. Find plans to build a hutch
  3. Get all the supplies for the does
  4. Just do it
  5. Go to the city and see if I can get bees.
Yart

0 comments: