Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday's Musings

I worked Bingo last night the progressive was $25K. We were so jam packed it wasn't funny. The hall was full and they were spending money like crazy. The band program can sure use the money we made last night. So all in all it was a good night.

I got up this morning and headed out to my garden. It was time to start pulling out the corn stumps. Got those two beds all cleaned out. Also got some of the other beds tidied up. Watered and wondered when I should pull up the rest. We have the hay that we are going to use to help the beds winter over. I still have to get compost to mix in.

DH was able to get the front brakes done on his truck. Gotta love lifetime warranties! So now all he needs is an oil change and he will be set for winter. My truck just had its oil changed so I'm good there.

But with all this vehicle maintenance we are doing here is a winter checklist that you might want to consider looking into.

Check your Anti-freeze
Check your Wipers
Check your Wiper Fluid
Check your Tires

Also some other things to start thinking about now are do you have a road side emergency kit in your car. I have one that I'm adding to all the time. It has blankets, water, snacks, flashlight, first aid kit & ice scraper.

I know fall isn't here yet it's still summer (well, sort of) and I'm talking about winter. But with the summer that we have faced here, I think winter is going to come a whole lot faster then any us wants. The farmer's almanac is calling for a bitter / dry winter for my region. Know matter how you look at it winter is going to be to long this year. LOL! I have enjoyed my time outside this summer. I look forward to fall. I love wearing my leather jacket and jeans.

Gotta Run,
Yart

1 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I've learned to listen to the almanac! It's almost always right.