Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Musings

Last night went well. Band monster was exhausted when she got home. My meeting went well and was over with fairly quick. And I got nothing done once I got home. DH and I went and got a couple of movies. Since he is on vacation it was the least I could do... LOL! We watched Boondock Saints (the one brother is super hot ;o), and Last house on the left. Wow, that movie was intense, not scary but horrifically intense. We still have to watch the CG version of Resident Evil. The kids go to grandma's tonight. They are only there for a couple of hours, visiting. DH is taking me to a new farmers market. They are popping up all over the place now. At least is helps with buying local.

I think that I am going to try my hand at making pizza sauce with the tomatoes. Since I still have to go out to the garden and see if I have more. I'm sure I do, just how many is the question. I think that I have had almost 2 bushels of just tomatoes from the garden. It is more then I could have ever imagined. The bounty of this year's garden has been fa nominal. I'm thinking about next year. I have already been requesting seed catalogs. So then in the dead of winter I can dream about warm summer days and the bounty of the garden. And if I'm smart, I will try and remember the bugs and disease. So then I can plan accordingly. If not then I will have similar problems next year. LOL!

I had an epiphany today. Band monster is starting her first day of 9th grade on Tuesday. In 4 years she will be graduating and Picky monster will graduate in 6 years. Where has the time gone. Then on the other hand, Mouthy monster still has over a decade to go before she does. WOW!

Chores need to be done!

Gotta Run,
Yart

1 comments:

American Homemaker said...

I've never made my own pizza sauce from tomatoes. Sounds yummy :)