Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

Even though today was just a half day, Summer is officially over. I know we still have a couple of weeks before the calendar end. But we can't stay up late, can't leave the house without checking the schedule first, can't cook when we're hungry.... :O( I don't like school! LOL! Time changes very little. But enough about that.

I couldn't find a recipe that I liked for the pizza sauce so since I had to do something. Stewed tomatoes it is. They are cooking down as I type. I should get at least another 7 quarts. I peeked out the window this morning and I see new flowers on the plants. So the tomatoes aren't done yet. Some of the radishes are ready to pick. I am so disappointed with the carrots. I planted 6 squares and only a handful of them came up. Now I don't know if they are doing the carrot thing underground yet. Have to wait and see. DH cut down all of the corn. That was kind of a flop. But I attribute that to the weather. I still have tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, beets, carrots, radishes, celery and swiss chard growing.

DH made beer last Thursday. It smells really good. We have to wait 15 days before bottling this one. I think that he is going to wait till October to get the next kit. Since they should have some new types in for the holidays.

I have switched over to work Monday nights at the bingo. Last night was super busy, as the progressive jackpot was huge. I would like to win that amount of money. But alas it isn't meant to be for me. At least right now... LOL! But I am building up her account by working. It paid for part of band camp, show shirt and now to have her flute fixed. So I can't complain too much. I am hoping to have next band camp completely paid for by working the bingo. Then I won't have to harass the family with fundraisers.

Alright I'm done rambling!

Gotta Run
Yart

1 comments:

Dawn Marie Howard said...

pizza, beer and bingo! Life sounds great!