Friday, August 20, 2010

Mental Condition?!?

Really like I don't have enough todo! I go and buy another bushel of tomatoes and a bushel of pickles. While I was at the farmers market I was even looking at the peaches. I mean really what is wrong with me. I can't seem to stop with all of this insanity. The temps are up again and I am back in the hot kitchen canning up a storm.

Today I finally canned up 6 half-pints of Zesty Watermelon Jelly. I have one pot of homegrown tomatoes cooked down and need to be pureed. I have a sink full of more homegrown tomatoes that need to be cleaned and cooked, then pureed. Last night I cubed up 6 eggplant from the garden and got them in the freezer. I have 10 green peppers chopped and drying in the dehydrator. There are 6 more green and 9 yellow that are waiting their turn for drying. I would have started on the pickles but I don't have enough vinegar so I have to run to the market.

Seriously, anyone else who cans do you find your self canning like a fool? I wonder if I am the only one.....LOL! Harvest is so short to get everything locally that this is why I tend to go overboard with it. Maybe in my next life I will be responsible for less lives. And with that not have to do so much..... Who am I kidding I love it.

Gotta Run,
Yart

5 comments:

Mother Moon said...

I have done the same thing this year... Just finished putting up cherry jam... I have put up more jam this year.. peach, apricot, berry.... so rest assured you are not the only loon out there...

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have a condition known a preparitis! Symptoms include the urge to can,dry or freeze any fruit or vegetable that you come in contact with. There is no known cure at this time. To alleviate the symptoms it is suggested that you follow your urges until the symptoms disappear!

~~Hey...I'm Just Sayin...~~

Unknown said...

OK now that I think about it..I'm stealing this one for my blog!! LOL :)

Katidids said...

Same thing is goin on here, green beans tomato sauce peaches peppers spices...*sigh* we were just gifted another bushel of peaches..canning again tomorrow! Sweating right along beside ya!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i used to do this every year and then no one would eat it. so i QUIT!! i liberated myself. we have an infestation of stink bugs in this part of the country. they are horrible and one of their favorite foods is peaches. so, i am cutting down my peach tree!!! i will never have to work with those little suckers again! i hope it helps with the bug problem too!