Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Witty Topic

No witty topics... LOL! I just couldn't come up with a title. In my little correspondence box it says that today is a good day to write. So here I am. Since I did the jelly, I was feeling a little bit energized to do more canning. It is like tattoo's, it gets in your blood. So off to the market I went. I found another 5 pound box of clementines. And I found a great way to preserve them. Marisa at Food in Jars has inspired me to try out her recipe for Canned Clementines.

I also have a few lemons that I need to do something with. So I will be trying my hand at Lemon Jelly. I found a recipe here. I will be water bathing them for 10 minutes for 1/2 pints and 15 minutes for pints, as paraffin wax is no longer an recommended method for preserving food. And have no fear I will be taking pictures with my crappy camera phone. *reminder to self buy a cord for camera*

I got my sprouts all cleaned up and in the fridge. Now if they will only eat them. That is ultimately the question. I also started some mung beans to sprout last night. Then they will have a couple of different types to choose from. Worse comes to worse at least I know how to do it if I ever get animals, then they can have greens in the winter. But I'm not giving up hope just yet, it is still a very new concept.

I have now officially become a paid member to the Mary Jane Farms. So I will be working on my merit badges. One of the first ones that I am doing is making my own cleaners. I have wanted to do this for a long time, just never got around to it. Last night I made up an all purpose cleaner. I will post the recipe for it later when I have the magazine in front of me. Don't want to give any bad information. But I did find a site that has a great deal of recipes that you all might be interested in. Homemade Household Cleaners.

Gotta Run,
Yart

0 comments: