Friday, July 15, 2011

Gone to visit the Amish

We are taking the day to spend with the Amish. We love going down there. They have so many items that I can only dream of purchasing. Things I would never find here at home. The one hardware store has all the parts to fix the oil lamps. There are crooks in every size with lids to match. If its non electric they have it. I will be lusting after the ginormous cooper kettle. Even though I have no room or real reason to have it. LOL!

What I will be getting is some staples at the bulk store in town. I am running low on spices and flavorings. I’m still good on clear jel, but there are baking supplies, such as baking powder that need to be bought. I think I am going to get some of the pudding and gelatin mixes. Oh, I need to get nuts, they always have a discounted nut section, usually pieces.

They sell green salad dressing, sweet mustard and baked goods galore. All of which we will be getting. I might even splurge and get some fabric…. But then again, do I really need it?!? Probably not… LOL! But I will be picking up more half gallon jars. They are a god send. I use them for everything. I have two that I switch out for the sourdough. And since I am going to start sprouting my flour I need a few more.

The drive is long but it is scenic. We will eat at the huge restaurant there. And enjoy the company of family. I love outings like this!

I will have picture up later.

Yart

3 comments:

Jenna Gayle said...

That sounds awesome!! I would love to visit an Amish village one day. For now, I guess I'll just lust over the stuff at Lehman's!

Grim said...

smelled like horse's lol

Lynda said...

Sounds like a fun day! Ohh, fabric. You sure you don't need even a small piece??

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'll be back to see what you get on your trip.