I have been busy doing a ton of stuff. I even have pictures. But first let me tell you that my uncle is doing quite a bit better. Thank the Gods for that. Next I am doing great now that, the nasty tooth is gone. I have an appointment today with my GP. I need her to refer me out for my foot and I have a lump/bump inside my nose that I want to have looked at. *update* The GP took x-rays and said I have a heel spur…. so big she wanted to show me the x-ray. As soon as I figure out how to take a picture of the thing I will post to show you. So now I am officially known as chicken foot… LOL! Bakaaaaaa!
I have been working like crazy on wash clothes. They are made from 100% cotton. They will be used in the bathroom…. And the cheap, crappy wash clothes will be moved over to rags. I bought 8 ~ 2oz skeins of sugar n’ cream, that should be enough to make 12. I have 5 done so far.
I made two jar hats… LOL! They are the cutest things. I have one in the fridge on the sourdough and the other one is on the kefir on the counter. I didn’t have enough scraps to do this so I had to go and buy more… darn! This is actually only the second pattern I have learned on my own. Thank the Gods for you tube!If you want the pattern it can be found here at Le monde de Sucrette
I wanted to switch over more store bought items to homemade so I started with makeup remover. And of course who needs cotton balls when you can go to the thrift store and get to flannel baby blankets and make your own reusable wipes. That’s just what I did. I can’t say that I came up with this myself…. I got the idea from “One Good Thing from Jillee”
Here are pictures of the curtains that I made! I had this material in my stash for a couple years with the intention of making these just never got around to doing it. I am really happy with the way they turned out.
I have even learned how to do a ripple stitch in crochet. This is great since I know have all this yarn to use up that I bought for the jar hats. Here is my attempt. This pattern can be found at Le monde de Sucrette also. I am making it big enough to be afghan size. The two oldest monsters both have put in their request for new ripple blankets…I told them they had to wait to see if I could manage to get this one done…. Considering that I am starting a new afghan the beginning of March.
That’s about it for now… I need to get back the rest of the projects before Spring shows up and I don’t want to be in the house any more.