Thursday, August 27, 2020

Gearing up for the Ber Months

The seasons are fast changing. The weather has been really weird this year here as it has been in many parts of the country. We have had 90+ down to the 50's it has been ridiculous. With that my garden also did very weird things. I couldn't grow a potato this year to save my soul. But I got cucumbers a plenty. Not one squash but the tomatoes and peppers are doing really well still. Then there was the eggplant and strawberries, they did just alright. All my herbs got powdery mildew. YUCK! My sunflowers never came up and I planted 9 varieties.

I did manage to get strawberries from a you pick. I think it was close to 22 pounds.Those are in the freezer until I have time to process them. When blueberries came into season it was at the 90+. So one of the stores had local berries for the same price as the you pick. So I got 20 pounds. I made blueberry pie filling, blueberry syrup and blueberries in a simple syrup. I had some meat in freezer that I pulled out and pressure canned. I can say that even though I paid a good price for it but once it was jarred and canned, it showed that it wasn't a good quality. Shame really. I'll save it for an emergency or as dog food.

I made beef burritos and breakfast burritos for the freezer. So easy and fast. The beef burritos have ground beef, re-fried beans, cheese and onion. The breakfast burritos have egg, sausage, green pepper, onion, potato and cheese. I also pulled chicken out of the freezer, added dehydrated carrots, peppers, fresh onion and celery, plus spices and made soup for the pressure canner. I am so happy with everything I have been able to get done.

Next month I will be going to the farmers market to get tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, peppers, peaches and apples. My dehydrator and canner will be going non stop for the month of September. Then I can rest.... LOL.... Who am I kidding. There isn't any rest.

I finished the hugs and kisses crocheted blanket I was working on.


It's the perfect size for a twin bed or just to wrap up in!

I've been making candles getting ready for fall also. With all the craziness going on in the world I am taking the business online full time. I'm hoping to be up and running fully for the holiday season.

Smile Loudly
&
Live Blessed

Yart



0 comments: