Monday, May 11, 2020

Post Apocalyptic Life Skills

A couple months ago my oldest monster and I took a soap making class. Up till that point I had only ever done the melt and pour. This was the big league. It involved lye.

To say I was a bit apprehensive was an understatement. It kind of scared me. But we were to be led by a professional soap maker. It made it much easier to handle.

We purchase kits and were able to make enough soap for 10 bars each. We both really like the natural oils and ingredients. The soap is wonderful, it has a silky feel on the skin and the feeling last for quite a long time.


My daughter choose to go with blue and I choose green. 

Since the class I have purchased 3 more kits to make at home. But the weather hasn't been good enough on the days that my daughter has been off work to make outside. Lye still scares me. I am looking forward to making them. It will be enough for 30 more bars of soap and with all the hand washing that is taking place right now, it's a bonus to have on hand. Another great part is that some of the scents I use in the candles can also be used in soap making!!!

Plus, if we like making it ourselves then we might have to expand My Penny Jar LLC, candle business to carry a few apothecary items! 

Smile Loudly
&
Live Blessed
Yart

0 comments: