Thursday, July 23, 2020

Hobbling Along

Welp.....

When I set up all those posts to post in May, little did I know that life was going to throw a line drive right at my head.... LITERALLY!

On May 6th I had to be taken into the hospital er. I thought I was having a stroke or an aneurysm (they run in the family). So they did every test imaginable and said no to both of those... it could have been a TI. Then I speak to my doctor who went over all the results and said no to the TI. Healthy as a horse except for a thyroid condition that seems to have worsened.

With that scare I decided that enough time has pasted us by over the years and it was time to do something about it. So once I was back up and on my feet the first thing that needed to be done was stop wasting money. I canceled our family YMCA membership as they are closed for the foreseeable future. I also canceled our weekly vegetable box from imperfect foods. I know that the food is suppose to be small and imperfect.... but I felt for my family it was a waste of money. The next thing was to finally and once and for all empty the storage unit. I have been paying on it for far to long, just to store stuff that could have / should have gone up to the property long ago.

So with some help I was able to get the majority of the unit emptied and in the process, hurt my leg. I was able to walk it off... sort of. Then it came time to haul said items to the property. Unfortunately, help was not forthcoming. So I ended up having to move 90% of the trailer-ed items by myself. Remember that injured leg.... Well, I really did a number on it. So I have had to spend the last month or so recuperating. The last of the items from the storage unit are being moved soon, they will be out of Grim's garage. And I will have the help of two of my monsters with this move.

Grim and I have come to a compromise. The monsters and I will build a house on the property. He originally wanted to hire a contractor but that isn't in the cards right now. So to be able to use the property we need a solid, secure place to live while we are there. You never know.... I might end up being a carpenter in my old age! I can't wait I have so many ideas in my head I want to do them all!

Smile Loudly 


Live Blessed

Yart

0 comments: