When I left you last it was the beginning of May. A lot has happened since then. We have traveled to the property twice. Finished out the school year for 1 and got 1 to graduate! No small feat there. The girls and I have been working for a friend. Unfortunately, I won't be able to continue, due to something going on with my hand. Hopefully, it will get back to normal once I'm not doing that anymore. We have my mother in law settled into the nursing home, her apartment has been cleaned out, we are still waiting for medicaid. Somehow we weren't switched over to a different section. So now its a continued wait and see.
First trip to the property was during the Memorial Day Weekend. Loved it! We took the camper and stayed on site! It was fabulous, being able to stay there and get stuff started. Littlest monster took to cutting the grass. She had lots of fun doing it. The 2 older, helped to cut down some saplings. Move a tree that Grim needed to cut up due to it fell right where we didn't want it. The girls dug a fire pit. We put in a ring. Only problem with that was it filled up with water?@? Just one more thing added to the list to try and figure out.
Second trip, we were there for 9 days. We cleared most of my soon to be orchard. There is still some more to be cut back. But we got tired after 2 days of steady cutting. Plus, whats left really needs something stronger then the small brush hog we rented. There is a nice sized brush pile. The fire pit has dried out. We weren't able to use it though because all the bugs that live in the bush came out to visit. Poor Grim and the littlest monster look like pox victims. The ground was so wet, and the bugs had been undisturbed for so long, they saw us as lunch. Then we couldn't seem to keep them out of the camper either. It made for rough times. Finally, I got to go to town and get Windex. It works great at dispatching flying critters. So the family was happy once more. Plus, we went though 6 rolls of duct tape. We were also able to get the floor into the barn. The open area on the sides has been closed. We couldn't seal up the bottom of the doors just yet though. We have a nest with 3 baby robins just hatched while we were there. So we will keep an eye for them to leave the nest. Once they do we will finish up. I made it into the extension office, got a lot of contact information. They gave me the number and address to where to take the well water to take it to see if its safe to drink. Fingers crossed.
Things are starting to look up. We have some great leads on what to do next. My phone is in the shop so I don't have any pictures until the family uploads to drop box.
Until next time,